Housing and Health Insurance

If you wish to book housing during your stay in Vienna for the Vienna Master of Arts in Human Rights through the programme office please fill in the housing form and send it to us together with the application documents.

If you want to arrange accommodation yourself here is some practical information:

The University of Vienna does not offer on-campus housing.

For private accommodation (including shared flats), you may want to look at the following websites (partly in German):

 http://www.jobwohnen.at and http://www.wohnenboerse.at 

Alternatively, you can apply for a room or a flat at a student residence. For this option, you need to contact the Austrian Exchange Service (Österreichischer Austauschdienst - ÖAD) and fill out the online registration at http://www.housing.oead.ac.at as soon as possible.

Health insurance

For the duration of their stay in Vienna, students are required to have health insurance cover. Please apply for a European Health Insurance (against all risks, including dental care) before arriving in Austria, as this is also a prerequisite for obtaining a visa and later the residence permit. This insurance should cover the months September 2017 to 30 September 2019.